2020 has been a historic year for remote working and Cisco WebExOne is poised to deliver a premier digital collaboration conference this year (December 8 – 9). As a proud Cisco Solutions Plus Partner and Gold sponsor of the event, LumenVox will be presenting an overview of the building blocks businesses need to create an ideal, total customer experience over voice channels.
With a voice technology stack unrivaled in its breadth, from state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition to advanced voice biometrics, we’ll discuss:
How LumenVox technology benefits resellers –
We’re here to make life easier. Our offerings are attractive, with demonstrated ROI, and available through the Cisco Commercial ordering system (CCW). We offer flexible licensing with bursting capabilities as well as perpetual, subscription, and per-minute pricing. We’re also unrivaled for our relationship skills. Besides delivering the best voice technology in the market, our main priority is to work with you. We make it a point to not compete with you or your partners for professional services.
What the benefits for end customers are –
A happy customer is a customer that gets the information they need when they need it. A happy customer is a secure customer. A happy customer gets a seamless omnichannel experience. We focus on optimizing omnichannel communication with intelligent speech recognition, text to speech, secure voice biometric authentication, and fraud detection.
What about agents?
We make agents’ lives easier by increasing productivity through higher containment rates and optimized workflows.
The necessary voice technology stack for enhancing total experience –
LumenVox Automated Speech Recognizer, which supports Natural Language Understanding.
LumenVox Text-to-Speech / voice-enabled IVR platform, with multiple language capabilities.
Call Progress Analysis, which allows the recognizer to analyze speech and automatically discern appropriate timing for outbound telephony campaigns and notifications.
Voice Password, an active voice biometrics platform that authenticates customers using text-dependent voice biometrics.
Passive Voice Biometric Authentication, a passive voice biometrics platform that authenticates customers independent of a phrase, so it can occur naturally in conversation with a live agent.
Fraud Scanner, a cutting-edge fraud detection tool to identify fraudulent activity using state of the art voice biometrics.
Join us during WebExOne! It will be two days of conversations with other thought leaders, luminaries, celebrities, technology partners, and Cisco executives, plus over 30 customer and partner sessions. Register for the event and click here to request a conversation with us.
Recently the LumenVox team attended CCW to empower businesses to deliver seamless yet secure customer communication through advanced speech and authentication solutions. While there, we had the opportunity to have been interviewed by CrmXchange for their CCW Nashville 2020 column: Solution Providers and End Users Harmonize in Music City
Read our interview below, or download the eBook version here.
What are the key areas of focus for LumenVox?
Good question. We have zeroed in on the following:
Speech Recognition: This includes conversational IVR with text-to-speech capabilities that create a very functional, conversational IVR self-service.
Voice Biometrics: We get really excited about this, as it addresses a huge threat to businesses right now—fraud. Voice biometrics is used to keep customers safe, to secure authentication and keep the customer experience painless and easy. Businesses can implement voice biometrics using IVR, mobile applications or in the contact center.
In 2019 we hit over a million voiceprints. For 2020, our development team combined customer feedback with their biometric expertise and created a robust passive engine, which allows for machine learning to enhance features and customer benefits. With the inclusion of Deep Neural Network technology, LumenVox has positioned itself to provide higher accuracy, more fraud prevention tools and increased customer satisfaction/ service.
There are numerous companies in your space…how do your solutions stand out from your competitors?
We’re easier to work with in every way. Our company is very focused on our channel partners. And our customers rave about how flexible the architecture and capabilities are. Our consistently high NPS scores (currently 89) reflect how much they appreciate our responsiveness. All speech recognizers and text-to-speech engines perform the same tasks, but they really don’t offer the higher value that comes from our simple install-configure-use approach. Things like our built-in diagnostics make it quick and easy to set up or troubleshoot things, and the LumenVox Speech Tuner is the easiest product on the market to implement and improve the performance of your speech applications, based on real customer usage.
On the voice biometrics side, while we do the installation and training, we’re also very open and flexible: We have APIs that are easily integrated into a contact center agent’s desktop or CRM applications. We see this as an important differentiator because managers really want applications consolidated. So the capability to take our biometrics results and integrate that information smoothly makes it easier for everyone.
From an implementation services standpoint, we don’t lock our customers into having to use our professional services. We enable both our partners and IVR developers to work from various platforms, using their own services while deploying our speech recognition technology. Our holistic approach results in us being more competitive, or and cost-effective. We don’t think cutting-edge technology needs to come at a premium price. We want this technology to be available to everyone.
Can you define how biometrics work in the contact center?
All biometrics measure something you’re made of. We’re used to smartphones using fingerprints and facial recognition/ faceprints to authenticate us now. Makes you feel more secure, right? The call center is evolving, too, and with our technology can create the same level of protection using the human voice. An enterprise contact center obtains a sample of your voice and converts it into a secure file called a voiceprint. Once there’s a voiceprint on file, the next time you call into the center, you don’t have to answer those painful security questions (which, by the way, are often vulnerable to theft). Using a voiceprint means that as a consumer you have a better calling experience. And as a business, you get more security.
Is it possible to fraudulently manipulate a voice biometric? Can someone pick up a customer’s voice pattern or convincingly imitate them?
Well, even mothers can be fooled by twins. We don’t want to be so hubristic as to claim that we somehow have something over Mother Nature. But voice biometrics takes major precautions: We use multiple factors when creating the voiceprint. The human ear might not be able to detect an impersonator, but our solution will notice hundreds of subtle differences. A company can also use multiple phrases as an identifier or ask varying questions to prevent a breach.
The truth is customers understand that the threat is real and want an added layer of unique security. A recent study noted that 74% of Americans believe that biometrics is a more secure method of verifying accounts than traditional PINs and passwords. Hacks and data breaches are commonplace occurrences now. And there are long, long gaps in notification—customers may not know they were exposed for nine months sometimes. Since many people tend to use the same PINs and passwords for multiple accounts, they are vulnerable. Voice biometrics protects and defends privacy. It’s that simple.
In what industries are recognition technologies becoming prevalent?
Any and all, as the desire for a seamless customer-agent interaction increases. People want to reach a customer representative to solve the bigger, more complex problems and spend their valuable time self-servicing/ solving the easier ones on their own. We’re working more and more with financial institutions and healthcare providers, as we have the capabilities to not only enhance their IVR experience, but also provide stronger security. As businesses grow, we see these two factors go hand-in-hand. People want security, but they don’t want to compromise speed and efficiency to get it. Our —speech solutions provide the best of both worlds.
What are some of the tangible benefits of Natural Language Processing IVR applications?
NLU gives self-service that human touch that people really seek in the customer journey. It’s the best of all worlds: Customers can help themselves quickly, but can also feel as if they’re doing it effortlessly–with a fellow human mind at the helm. As for LumenVox, our new Conversational ASR combines 20 years of experience in Speech Recognition with the latest in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, allowing any business to build new AI-based IVR applications that support natural language processing and intent determination from an existing voice application platform (IVR). The best part is that as a business you really don’t have to start from scratch to do this. Text-based AI tools can be given a voice with LumenVox ASR. You can leverage your existing infrastructure and preferred tools to provide rich, voice based self-service that exceeds expectations.
Questions about our solutions? Contact us today!
Last month LumenVox had the honor of being selected as one of only 8 Genesys Appfoundry partners to compete in the Genesys Appfoundry Partner Demo Battle in Amsterdam at G-Summit Europe. While we may not have walked away with the title of “AppFoundry App of the Year,” with over 25 AppFoundry partners in attendance and many more that had applied to participate in the battle, LumenVox was extremely proud to snag a close third for our presentation on active voice biometric authentication for Genesys PureCloud!
For those who couldn’t attend the event and see us participate in the Genesys Appfoundry Partner Demo Battle, you can read the highlights below:
During our 7-minute chance to shine, the LumenVox team was able to briefly share:
- A demonstration of LumenVox Active Authentication in the Genesys PureCloud environment
- Key features about the technology behind LumenVox Active Voice Authentication for Genesys PureCloud, including:
- Signal processing and speech modeling algorithms that are state-of-the-art
- Customizable text-dependent phrases (e.g. “My voice is my password at ABC Bank”) that are text-prompted for liveness detection
- The capability to run on servers with mobile client for flexible deployment
- Flexible integration – web services including support for both SOAP and REST
- Out-of-the-box tuned language packs for major languages
- Multiple channel integration, allowing for very board application scenarios
- 1:1 Authentication and 1:N identification
- Use cases that are ideally suited for active voice biometric authentication:
- Password Reset – A common IT helpdesk task that is easily automated, yielding high ROI
- IVR Self-Service – Modernize your IVR Applications using voice biometrics to reduce friction and secure validation
- Agent Caller Interactions – Increase both customer and agent satisfaction by authenticating callers using their voice
- And, a bit about who we are – LumenVox is a global speech automation and authentication company that holds over 85 key industry patents with quick startup/immediate impact solutions designed to:
- Increase employee efficiency
- Improve customer experiences
- Provide highly accurate and convenient voice biometric authentication to keep fraudsters out
If you have any questions about LumenVox Active Authentication for Genesys PureCloud and how your organization can benefit from reduced fraud and enhanced customer experience, we invite you to email us at GenesysSales@LumenVox. You may also watch our latest webinar here, read our latest guest post on the Genesys blog here, or visit the LumenVox listing in the Appfoundry Marketplace.
You are not alone in your helpdesk woes! This year’s HDI Conference and Expo featured a great presentation that highlighted Support Organizations’ Top Goals and Challenges. Yes, each organization may have their own set of unique specifics, but there are many general commonalities.
We’ll admit, as a first-time attendee and exhibitor at the conference, we were a bit nervous but, as soon as we saw the list of challenges and goals presented, we knew we were in the right place! Many of the top items are precisely the reason our customers turn to LumenVox for their speech-enabled application and/or authentication needs. Here’s a quick rundown, along with a note on how LumenVox can meet your organization’s goals:
Top 10 Challenges and Goals of Service and Support Professionals – As listed by HDI Conference and Expo
- Managing an increased workload with existing staff (“doing more with less”) – Our solutions are all about automation! Not for the sake of eliminating the human element but in order to enable staff to focus on other tasks, such as providing quality service to end users who may be unable to self-service. From industry-leading speech recognition, world-class multifactor authentication, and a comprehensive password reset solution, LumenVox offers a flexible and cost-effective suite.
- Implementing new technologies – We guide you through the planning and deployment process, making implementation a breeze, and are well known for our outstanding customer service.
- Hiring, training, and recruiting the staff needed to succeed – We won’t be able to act as your recruiter but, we most certainly can make sure your current staff is up to speed on our technology. We offer robust documentation and a team of knowledgeable experts.
- Increasing analyst/technician productivity and efficiency – The time gained when support staff is no longer required to deal with mundane tasks, such as resetting passwords, is exponential. One LumenVox customer increased productivity by over 100,000 hours per year when password resets were shortened from 4.5 hours to 15 minutes!
- Successfully implementing knowledge management – While we do not provide a knowledge management solution, we are more than willing to provide support responses for our technologies so your organization may quickly and efficiently address any questions about the implemented LumenVox solution(s).
- Increasing/improving employee engagement and morale – When employees see solutions in place, such as those from LumenVox, that take some of the burden off them, morale and engagement increase. It goes back to the first point of “doing more with less,” employees shouldn’t have to do more.
- Consistently measuring and improving customer satisfaction – We take your organization’s internal and external customer satisfaction very seriously but, you don’t just have to take our word for it. We have an NPS score of 88, more than 18 years in business, and over 3,000 organizations that utilize our suite of speech and authentication solutions for their internal and external customers.
- Integrating existing IT systems – We are fully capable of integrating with your existing system and may even be a current partner of some of your system providers.
- Securing the necessary budget/funding support – Here’s one of the great things about LumenVox, you won’t need to break the bank when you are implementing our cost-effective solutions with proven ROI. For example, our Password Reset solution (highlighted during the HDI Conference and Expo) eliminates 85% or more of the password related load to the help desk. Typically, 30% of calls into helpdesks are for routine password resets, at an average cost upwards of $35 a call to resolve, making the cost savings significant! The same company that gained over 100,000 hours of productivity also reduced their helpdesk costs by 16%.
- Developing a user-friendly, and support-friendly, service catalog – While we will happily fit within your service catalog and can provide placement recommendations, developing service catalogs in not within our scope. We’ll stick with what we know best (speech + authentication) and leave service catalog development to someone else.
If any of these top 10 challenges and goals resonated with you and you’d like to learn more about the LumenVox helpdesk solution suite, contact us today!
We can’t wait until next year’s conference, re-branded as Support World Live, April 19-24, in Las Vegas!