There is a radical rise in the prevalence and sophistication of cyberattacks within healthcare. Data breaches are burdening hospitals with skyrocketing financial costs. According to Business Insider, “the overall cost of a healthcare data breach has grown from $398 per affected record in 2015 to $420 per record in 2019.”
2019 was a rough year when it came to healthcare and cybersecurity: There were multiple breaches that compromised millions of patients. And these patients are not in the dark about it either–their data is precious to them. As a result, these breaches have triggered numerous lawsuits.
This tension puts the healthcare industry in a precarious position: Institutions are juggling the need for strict compliance with their patients’ desire for speedy service processes. Patients expect 24/7 support along with ironclad HIPAA protection—of data, health history, etc. Often healthcare providers believe ensuring security requires some pretty painful security practices for all stakeholders–patients, clinicians, doctors and pharmacists. The relationship all around suffers and security doesn’t necessarily increase.
So how can the healthcare industry innovate? What is a meaningful response to these threats? At LumenVox we have carefully crafted multiple healthcare security solutions to keep patients safe and make all employees’ hours count. But one specific cog in cybersecurity’s wheel particularly relevant to providers is password reset. This process often requires hours of valuable staff time and onerous authentication processes. To make it easier on everyone—and more secure than ever–we have harnessed the power of the human voice. The uniqueness of the human voice is considered highly secure and one of the best methods of validating claimed identity. LumenVox Password Reset provides a fully automated self-service password reset function which requires zero effort from the user and only seconds to complete: To reset a password, a doctor, clinician, pharmacist, etc. is prompted to speak a short passphrase; and through voice biometrics, the claimed identity is validated and the password reset.
Want to learn more about how you can protect your hospital?
Join LumenVox Wednesday, February 26, 10 am PT/1 pm ET
During this free hour-long webinar we’ll give you the keys to creating a seamless authentication process that radically improves your healthcare group’s security. Click here to signup today.
Whether we like it or not, and even with the recent announcement from Microsoft, it will be a long time before passwords are eradicated. However, with the release of LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1, and the availability of the Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application, the issue of forgotten passwords and account lockouts will no longer drain resources and productivity for organizations with employees running Windows 7, 8.x and 10.
Aimed at driving down helpdesk costs and empowering employees to quickly self-service, the automated LumenVox Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application is based on the Windows Credential provider framework and plugs seamlessly into the existing login screen, displaying as an additional user title. With the user interface (UI) language determined by the user’s current windows system settings, from the locked screen, the user can easily follow the prompts to begin the reset or unlock process via three different authentication methods using previously enrolled models:
- Voice Callback to a Registered Phone Number: Selecting the voice option triggers an out of band voice biometric authentication process in which a phone call from the LumenVox engine to the user’s registered phone number is placed. The call and onscreen workflow are synced so the user hears and sees on screen prompts from their locked screen.
- Knowledge Based Authentication (KBA) Within the Login Screen: Selecting the KBA option triggers a pop-up window on the locked screen displaying a question and answer form. Multiple questions must be answered correctly to authenticate.
- One Time Password Sent to a Registered Mobile Phone via Text Message (SMS): Not requiring explicit enrollment, upon selection of the out of band SMS option, a 6-digit one-time password is sent to the user’s registered mobile phone as a text message. The one-time password must then be entered in the pop-up window on the locked screen.
Once the user has successfully authenticated, a temporary password is generated automatically, allowing them to reset or unlock their account in a matter of minutes, 24/7.
Worried that remote employees won’t have access to the solution? The LumenVox Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application functions outside of a company’s network by using VPN capabilities from the Windows login screen.
To learn more, download our product information sheet and/or contact us today.
You are not alone in your helpdesk woes! This year’s HDI Conference and Expo featured a great presentation that highlighted Support Organizations’ Top Goals and Challenges. Yes, each organization may have their own set of unique specifics, but there are many general commonalities.
We’ll admit, as a first-time attendee and exhibitor at the conference, we were a bit nervous but, as soon as we saw the list of challenges and goals presented, we knew we were in the right place! Many of the top items are precisely the reason our customers turn to LumenVox for their speech-enabled application and/or authentication needs. Here’s a quick rundown, along with a note on how LumenVox can meet your organization’s goals:
Top 10 Challenges and Goals of Service and Support Professionals – As listed by HDI Conference and Expo
- Managing an increased workload with existing staff (“doing more with less”) – Our solutions are all about automation! Not for the sake of eliminating the human element but in order to enable staff to focus on other tasks, such as providing quality service to end users who may be unable to self-service. From industry-leading speech recognition, world-class multifactor authentication, and a comprehensive password reset solution, LumenVox offers a flexible and cost-effective suite.
- Implementing new technologies – We guide you through the planning and deployment process, making implementation a breeze, and are well known for our outstanding customer service.
- Hiring, training, and recruiting the staff needed to succeed – We won’t be able to act as your recruiter but, we most certainly can make sure your current staff is up to speed on our technology. We offer robust documentation and a team of knowledgeable experts.
- Increasing analyst/technician productivity and efficiency – The time gained when support staff is no longer required to deal with mundane tasks, such as resetting passwords, is exponential. One LumenVox customer increased productivity by over 100,000 hours per year when password resets were shortened from 4.5 hours to 15 minutes!
- Successfully implementing knowledge management – While we do not provide a knowledge management solution, we are more than willing to provide support responses for our technologies so your organization may quickly and efficiently address any questions about the implemented LumenVox solution(s).
- Increasing/improving employee engagement and morale – When employees see solutions in place, such as those from LumenVox, that take some of the burden off them, morale and engagement increase. It goes back to the first point of “doing more with less,” employees shouldn’t have to do more.
- Consistently measuring and improving customer satisfaction – We take your organization’s internal and external customer satisfaction very seriously but, you don’t just have to take our word for it. We have an NPS score of 88, more than 18 years in business, and over 3,000 organizations that utilize our suite of speech and authentication solutions for their internal and external customers.
- Integrating existing IT systems – We are fully capable of integrating with your existing system and may even be a current partner of some of your system providers.
- Securing the necessary budget/funding support – Here’s one of the great things about LumenVox, you won’t need to break the bank when you are implementing our cost-effective solutions with proven ROI. For example, our Password Reset solution (highlighted during the HDI Conference and Expo) eliminates 85% or more of the password related load to the help desk. Typically, 30% of calls into helpdesks are for routine password resets, at an average cost upwards of $35 a call to resolve, making the cost savings significant! The same company that gained over 100,000 hours of productivity also reduced their helpdesk costs by 16%.
- Developing a user-friendly, and support-friendly, service catalog – While we will happily fit within your service catalog and can provide placement recommendations, developing service catalogs in not within our scope. We’ll stick with what we know best (speech + authentication) and leave service catalog development to someone else.
If any of these top 10 challenges and goals resonated with you and you’d like to learn more about the LumenVox helpdesk solution suite, contact us today!
We can’t wait until next year’s conference, re-branded as Support World Live, April 19-24, in Las Vegas!
Did you miss our recent Multifactor Password Reset Benefits and Advantages Webinar?
During the free, hour-long presentation, demo, and Q&A, two of our subject matter experts discussed the advantages of utilizing Multifactor Authentication in your Password Reset solution. Advantages that include:
- Safeguarding employee and customer information
- Reducing the time your helpdesk employees spend on password resets
- Minimizing end-user downtime by providing fast, 24/7 automated service
- Easy telephony integration
- Proven return on investment
The Password Reset webinar also provided a live demo featuring the quick and easy voice enrollment and authentication processes as well as a deeper dive into the delivery method, infrastructure components, deployment options, and hardware and software requirements.
If you’re ready to drive down helpdesk costs, reduce support calls, and minimize end-user downtime we invite you to view the complete LumenVox Multifactor Password Reset Webinar now.
***Sprichst du Deutsch? Unser Webinar zum Zurücksetzen von Passwörtern ist jetzt auf Deutsch verfügbar. Genießen! (Do you speak German? Our Password Reset Webinar is now available on demand in German. Enjoy!)***