During the holiday season, our thoughts turn to those who have made LumenVox’ progress possible—and that’s you. Thank you for choosing us to support you in your Speech, Authentication & Fraud Prevention solution needs. Each year at LumenVox we strive to gain the trust and loyalty of our customers and partners. We are dedicated to excellence, both in customer satisfaction and our solutions’ success.
Here’s a few highlights of our accomplishments of 2019:
- LumenVox.com got a brand-new makeover. Check out our resources and information on the new website.
- We were honored to be Voted #1 Speech Biometrics Vendor at the Speech Technology Magazine’s People’s Choice Awards. We came in as your 2nd Favorite Vendor in Speech Recognition. Thank you for the recognition!
- We expanded our European team with exceptional growth in staff and service provision.
- We broadened our suite of solutions to provide organizations with additional multifactor authentication deployment and fraud prevention options. More security, less hassle.
2020 is going to be a monumental year for us at LumenVox. Here’s what we are looking forward to:
We have big plans. Plans that include exciting partner announcements and capabilities; deeper call center integration for fraud prevention and detection and passive voice biometric authentication; and state of the art artificial intelligence offerings. These further updates and expansion of products demonstrate LumenVox’ commitment to providing speech, authentication and fraud prevention solutions on a global scale, that are both flexible and cost-effective for the improvement of Call Center CX and ROI.
Most of all, enjoy the holiday season. And know that your relationship, your business and your success is what makes us LumenVox.
P.S. Keep in Touch – Watch our online spaces for breaking news in Artificial Intelligence and Speech Solutions.
LumenVox is proudly marching into 2020 with the support of California legislation that aligns with our goal to ensure consumer privacy.
According to The Economist, “the world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data.” This fact has triggered trust issues with consumers in all 50 states of the US and around the globe. Technology has progressed at an astounding pace. Our home state of California has decided it’s time for the laws to catch up.
California directly addresses these data privacy issues for its nearly 40 million constituents with the passing of The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The Act was signed by Governor Brown in 2018 and goes into full effect January 1st, 2020: All businesses registered within the state of California are required to comply with the laws. The passing and enactment of this legislation represents a significant landmark to ensure the fair and ethical handling of consumer data.
Because the largest multinational technology companies in the world (Google, Facebook, etc.) operate within the state of California, this Act will more than likely affect more than just Californians. As of 2019, all fifty states enforce legislation to protect consumers’ private information, but the CCPA calls for stricter data ground rules, greater transparency from the companies and greater control for the consumers. It also names specific, time-bound consequences if companies do not comply.
The CCPA protects consumers’ privacy by requiring the following:
- Requests for Information: Consumers have the right to request to know what data is collected, as it specifically pertains to the individual.
- Deletion: If the consumer desires, personal information can and will be deleted by the business.
- Same Service: The business is required to provide “equal service and pricing…even if they [consumers] exercise their privacy rights under the Act.” There can be no discriminating towards consumers who want to keep their data to themselves.
LumenVox is proud to call California home, and just like our state, we believe consumer trust is even more valuable than data. When it comes to information as sensitive as biometrics, protection is key. This privacy legislation empowers consumers and limits the sovereignty of technology. We are here to exemplify the fact that biometrics can both comply with these laws and surpass consumer expectations.
The LumenVox Speech Automation Suite is compatible with key Avaya IX™ Contact Center solutions
LumenVox, a leading speech automation and multifactor authentication provider, today announced that its LumenVox Automated Speech Recognizer, Text-to-Speech and Call Progress Analysis solutions are Avaya Compliant – compliant with key Avaya IX™ Contact Center solutions. Avaya (NYSE: AVYA) is a global leader in solutions that enhance and simplify communications and collaboration.
The LumenVox Speech Automation Suite delivers accurate, natural sounding and reliable speech-enabled solutions that help businesses improve their customer experience. The Avaya Compliant application is now compliance-tested by Avaya for compatibility with Avaya IX Contact Center component Avaya Aura® Experience Portal 7.2.2.
LumenVox is a Technology Partner in the Avaya DevConnect program—an initiative to develop, market and sell innovative third-party products that interoperate with Avaya technology and extend the value of a company’s investment in its network. Its Speech Automation Suite is available through the Avaya Select Product Program.
As a Technology Partner, LumenVox can submit products to Avaya for compliance testing, where a team of DevConnect engineers develops a comprehensive test plan for each application to verify its Avaya compatibility. This enables businesses to confidently add best-in-class capabilities to their network without having to replace their existing infrastructure—speeding deployment of new applications and reducing both network complexity and implementation costs.
“Our Speech Automation Suite has been available through the Select Product Program for several years, providing LumenVox partners and customers with an easier ordering process and competitive price point. This latest testing with the Avaya Aura Experience Portal demonstrates our continued commitment to delivering reliable, natural sounding speech technology, helping our mutual customers improve customer service experiences.”
— Edward Miller, CEO, LumenVox
“Offering products such as the Lumenvox Speech Automation Suite in the Avaya Select Product Program helps our customers enhance their end-customer experience with accurate and affordable speech-based solutions.”
— Eric Rossman, vice president, Partners. Developers and Alliances, Avaya
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE: AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
LumenVox is a total speech solutions company that provides a complete stack of speech and multifactor authentication technology. We support a multitude of ID and Access Management applications for voice, facial biometrics-passive and active authentication, fraud prevention and public security. LumenVox allows you to effectively deploy speech-enabled applications to improve the Call Center CX and ROI with our flexible, cost-effective software suite.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain “forward-looking statements.” All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward-looking” statements for purposes of the U.S. federal and state securities laws. These statements may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “our vision,” “plan,” “potential,” “preliminary,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” or “would” or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology and include, but are not limited to expected feature releases and statements about future products, expected cash savings and statements about growth, exchange listing and improved operational metrics. The Company has based these forward-looking statements on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While the Company believes these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond its control. The factors are discussed in the Company’s Registration Statement on Form 10 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, may cause its actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to the Company’s filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. The Company cautions you that the list of important factors included in the Company’s SEC filings may not contain all of the material factors that are important to you. In addition, considering these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward-looking statements contained in this report may not in fact occur. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
Source: Avaya Newsroom
Last month LumenVox had the honor of being selected as one of only 8 Genesys Appfoundry partners to compete in the Genesys Appfoundry Partner Demo Battle in Amsterdam at G-Summit Europe. While we may not have walked away with the title of “AppFoundry App of the Year,” with over 25 AppFoundry partners in attendance and many more that had applied to participate in the battle, LumenVox was extremely proud to snag a close third for our presentation on active voice biometric authentication for Genesys PureCloud!
For those who couldn’t attend the event and see us participate in the Genesys Appfoundry Partner Demo Battle, you can read the highlights below:
During our 7-minute chance to shine, the LumenVox team was able to briefly share:
- A demonstration of LumenVox Active Authentication in the Genesys PureCloud environment
- Key features about the technology behind LumenVox Active Voice Authentication for Genesys PureCloud, including:
- Signal processing and speech modeling algorithms that are state-of-the-art
- Customizable text-dependent phrases (e.g. “My voice is my password at ABC Bank”) that are text-prompted for liveness detection
- The capability to run on servers with mobile client for flexible deployment
- Flexible integration – web services including support for both SOAP and REST
- Out-of-the-box tuned language packs for major languages
- Multiple channel integration, allowing for very board application scenarios
- 1:1 Authentication and 1:N identification
- Use cases that are ideally suited for active voice biometric authentication:
- Password Reset – A common IT helpdesk task that is easily automated, yielding high ROI
- IVR Self-Service – Modernize your IVR Applications using voice biometrics to reduce friction and secure validation
- Agent Caller Interactions – Increase both customer and agent satisfaction by authenticating callers using their voice
- And, a bit about who we are – LumenVox is a global speech automation and authentication company that holds over 85 key industry patents with quick startup/immediate impact solutions designed to:
- Increase employee efficiency
- Improve customer experiences
- Provide highly accurate and convenient voice biometric authentication to keep fraudsters out
If you have any questions about LumenVox Active Authentication for Genesys PureCloud and how your organization can benefit from reduced fraud and enhanced customer experience, we invite you to email us at GenesysSales@LumenVox. You may also watch our latest webinar here, read our latest guest post on the Genesys blog here, or visit the LumenVox listing in the Appfoundry Marketplace.
LumenVox is excited to announce the release of LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.2. After the successful release of LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1 this past July, the LumenVox team has enhanced the solution with even more customer-driven features which provide the most secure, accurate and reliable authentication and fraud prevention experiences available in the market today.
LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.2 features include:
- Availability of an Enhanced Agent Desktop and CTI Manager. Building upon the 7.1 release of the LumenVox Fraud Scanner, the Agent Desktop portal now automatically matches calls against a configured blacklist while the CTI Manager includes an API call to do a watchlist call on an ongoing session. Additionally, both the Agent Desktop and CTI Manager now perform continuous enrollment and verification.
- Increased interoperability between the LumenVox Automated Speech Recognizer solution and the LumenVox Authentication Suite.
- Updated user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for the LumenVox Pre-Login Password Reset application (Android). For seamless enrollment, a progress bar was added.
- General bug fixes and improvements.
For more detailed information about each of the highlighted features from LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.2, contact your LumenVox Sales Representative, or reach out to us via this website or any of our social channels: Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
Everyone in security knows the 3 factors of authentication: something you know (like a password), something you have (like a smartphone or card reader) and something you are (like a fingerprint). But today, very few banks use all 3 factors for online security. And many, still rely on card readers as the something you have token. Card readers typically require you to insert your bank card, enter your PIN, and then report the 6 digit code displayed on the reader.
As the second authentication token, the card reader is critical to online security. So it was with some considerable concern that the following warning is now being issued after being logged into the Royal Bank of Scotland’s online banking:
Have you been asked to use your card reader and provide codes generated by it to someone over the phone? STOP!
– We will NEVER ask you for a card reader code to stop or verify transactions over the phone, if you are being asked to share this code over the phone, it’s fraud.
– You should NEVER log onto Digital Banking whilst sharing your screen with someone else. If you are being asked by companies you trust, such as your internet provider, to log in to your Digital Banking while sharing your screen, it’s fraud.
RBS is warning that it is possible to compromise the “something you have” token by spoofing the customer with fake news about his or her account. The vulnerable customer discloses the secret code from the card reader thereby enabling a potential theft from their account.
While knowledge can be stolen and physical tokens compromised by criminal manipulation, it is much harder to obtain biometric data (something you are). A determined thief, with access to things you touch, might be able to extract a fingerprint. But it’s hard work. And it is dangerous since the thief will need to enter your home or office to get at the print. Voice biometrics and facial recognition are much harder to steal. A good voice authenticator or a face recognizer will look for signs of liveness, and your identity, that makes it just too hard to break in.
It’s time the banks get serious about protecting us customers and adopt an effective way to recognize something you are. To learn more, download our product information sheet and/or contact us today.