If you have purchased subscription licenses, disregard the instructions on this page and instead read our documentation on using subscription licenses for complete instructions. This page is for users who are hosting their own License Server.
Once you have generated a Server ID file, you will login to the LumenVox Customer Portal in order to continue with the licensing process. The physical license file you will download and install is associated with a deployment. A deployment is a group of one or more licenses that are installed onto the same machine. You may wish to refer to our customer Web site instructions for more information about creating and managing deployments.
To upload your Server ID file and download your license file, use the following process:
- Open a Web browser and go to http://www.lumenvox.com/customers/. Log in using your LumenVox username and password. Please contact LumenVox support if you do not know your account information.
- Click the "View Licenses" link.
- This will display a list of your deployments (you will need to create a deployment if you do not already have any).
- Click on the "Upload License" link:
- You will be directed to a page to upload your server ID file. Select the Info.bts file you generated while Generating a Server ID File.
- You will then be redirected to the deployments page, and the "License Upload" link will have changed to a "License Download" link. Click that link to download the license file, and save the license.
You may now install the license file.
Adding Licenses to a Deployment, and Working Around Hardware Failures
If you wish to add licenses to an existing deployment, just create a new deployment with the additional licenses, upload that License Server's Info.bts file to the new supplementary deployment, and install the resulting file on the same License Server. The process will append the new deployment's license(s) to the existing ones.
If you have had a hardware failure on your License Server, and have asked LumenVox Technical Support to reset its deployment, the steps in this page will walk you through how to install the deployment's licenses onto a replacement License Server.