Whether we like it or not, and even with the recent announcement from Microsoft, it will be a long time before passwords are eradicated. However, with the release of LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1, and the availability of the Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application, the issue of forgotten passwords and account lockouts will no longer drain resources and productivity for organizations with employees running Windows 7, 8.x and 10.
Aimed at driving down helpdesk costs and empowering employees to quickly self-service, the automated LumenVox Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application is based on the Windows Credential provider framework and plugs seamlessly into the existing login screen, displaying as an additional user title. With the user interface (UI) language determined by the user’s current windows system settings, from the locked screen, the user can easily follow the prompts to begin the reset or unlock process via three different authentication methods using previously enrolled models:
- Voice Callback to a Registered Phone Number: Selecting the voice option triggers an out of band voice biometric authentication process in which a phone call from the LumenVox engine to the user’s registered phone number is placed. The call and onscreen workflow are synced so the user hears and sees on screen prompts from their locked screen.
- Knowledge Based Authentication (KBA) Within the Login Screen: Selecting the KBA option triggers a pop-up window on the locked screen displaying a question and answer form. Multiple questions must be answered correctly to authenticate.
- One Time Password Sent to a Registered Mobile Phone via Text Message (SMS): Not requiring explicit enrollment, upon selection of the out of band SMS option, a 6-digit one-time password is sent to the user’s registered mobile phone as a text message. The one-time password must then be entered in the pop-up window on the locked screen.
Once the user has successfully authenticated, a temporary password is generated automatically, allowing them to reset or unlock their account in a matter of minutes, 24/7.
Worried that remote employees won’t have access to the solution? The LumenVox Windows Pre-Login Password Reset Application functions outside of a company’s network by using VPN capabilities from the Windows login screen.
To learn more, download our product information sheet and/or contact us today.
LumenVox is excited to announce the release of LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1. With this latest version, LumenVox is further broadening our suite of solutions to provide organizations with additional multifactor authentication deployment and fraud prevention options.
“The updates and expansion of products demonstrate LumenVox’ commitment to providing speech, authentication, and fraud prevention solutions on a global scale that are both flexible and cost-effective, for the improvement of Call Center CX and ROI,” stated LumenVox CEO, Edward Miller.
LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1 features include:
- Availability of the LumenVox Fraud Scanner. Designed to enable fraud teams to more actively track and report ongoing fraudulent activity, the LumenVox Fraud Scanner utilizes advanced voice biometric algorithms coupled with state-of-the-art neural networks to alert teams with a prioritized list of suspicious calls.
- A mobile application (iOS and Android) deployment option for the LumenVox Password Reset Solution. With the simple scan of a QR code, a user can configure the generic reset application with their organization’s desired configurations and branding, enabling multifactor authentication for account unlocking or password resetting, directly from the user’s mobile device, 24/7.
- LumenVox Pre-Login Password Reset application for Windows. Based on the Windows Credential provider framework, the LumenVox Pre-Login Password Reset application plugs seamlessly into the user’s existing login screen, allowing users to select their preferred method of authentication (voice biometric, SMS, KBA) to unlock or reset their password, even if they are not currently logged in.
- Updates made to language packs for multifactor authentication utilizing active voice biometric authentication and knowledge-based authentication (KBA). Active voice biometric languages updated: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, and Polish. KBA languages updated: Arabic, German, British English, American English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese.
For more detailed information about each of the highlighted features from LumenVox Authentication Suite 7.1, stay tuned, and be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
MODIS ITO and LumenVox announced their partnership to offer customer tailored speech and biometric authentication services to companies. With the IT outsourcing and hosting capabilities, MODIS is the ideal partner for automated, multimodal tools to improve service efficiency, usability and security for IT services in all branches.
Hosting a biometric platform with LumenVox, MODIS can provide authentication solutions designed for businesses that have decided to outsource their IT, and concentrate on their own strengths. “LumenVox is pleased to have MODIS ITO as a partner for serving enterprises with authentication services. Our partnership serves the specific needs of the clients in a certified environment within Europe, while meeting the strict GDPR regulations and requirements nowadays,” stated Bettina Stearn, Managing Director, Europe LumenVox.
Martin Wimmer, Managing Director MODIS ITO, said, “With this partnership, we take another bold step forward towards enhancing user experience. The LumenVox solution is an excellent addition to our contact channels for more self-service based on cutting edge technology. By creating automated user-friendly processes, efficiency and customer satisfaction can be continuously improved.”
On June 5-6, both companies will be present at the annual Service Desk and Service Management World in Cologne, Germany and showcase the solutions.
To learn more, visit our websites https://ito.modis.de or www.LumenVox.com.
If you’d like to learn more about our Password Reset solution, view our recent webinar
About MODIS IT Outsourcing GmbH:
MODIS ITO supports clients with consulting, design, implementation and operation of IT services. Based on their experience of more than 100 realized projects, profound IT service management knowledge and state-of-the-art technologies MODIS ITO provides clients of any industry all around the globe with high-class IT support. They can act as co-partner by integrating their services into existing client structures as well as full-service provider with end-to-end responsibility for certain processes or the complete IT support service.
**** Um diese Ankündigung auf Deutsch zu sehen, besuchen Sie bitte: https://www.openpr.de/news/1049992/Kundenspezifische-Sprach-und-biometrische-Authentifizierung.html
You are not alone in your helpdesk woes! This year’s HDI Conference and Expo featured a great presentation that highlighted Support Organizations’ Top Goals and Challenges. Yes, each organization may have their own set of unique specifics, but there are many general commonalities.
We’ll admit, as a first-time attendee and exhibitor at the conference, we were a bit nervous but, as soon as we saw the list of challenges and goals presented, we knew we were in the right place! Many of the top items are precisely the reason our customers turn to LumenVox for their speech-enabled application and/or authentication needs. Here’s a quick rundown, along with a note on how LumenVox can meet your organization’s goals:
Top 10 Challenges and Goals of Service and Support Professionals – As listed by HDI Conference and Expo
- Managing an increased workload with existing staff (“doing more with less”) – Our solutions are all about automation! Not for the sake of eliminating the human element but in order to enable staff to focus on other tasks, such as providing quality service to end users who may be unable to self-service. From industry-leading speech recognition, world-class multifactor authentication, and a comprehensive password reset solution, LumenVox offers a flexible and cost-effective suite.
- Implementing new technologies – We guide you through the planning and deployment process, making implementation a breeze, and are well known for our outstanding customer service.
- Hiring, training, and recruiting the staff needed to succeed – We won’t be able to act as your recruiter but, we most certainly can make sure your current staff is up to speed on our technology. We offer robust documentation and a team of knowledgeable experts.
- Increasing analyst/technician productivity and efficiency – The time gained when support staff is no longer required to deal with mundane tasks, such as resetting passwords, is exponential. One LumenVox customer increased productivity by over 100,000 hours per year when password resets were shortened from 4.5 hours to 15 minutes!
- Successfully implementing knowledge management – While we do not provide a knowledge management solution, we are more than willing to provide support responses for our technologies so your organization may quickly and efficiently address any questions about the implemented LumenVox solution(s).
- Increasing/improving employee engagement and morale – When employees see solutions in place, such as those from LumenVox, that take some of the burden off them, morale and engagement increase. It goes back to the first point of “doing more with less,” employees shouldn’t have to do more.
- Consistently measuring and improving customer satisfaction – We take your organization’s internal and external customer satisfaction very seriously but, you don’t just have to take our word for it. We have an NPS score of 88, more than 18 years in business, and over 3,000 organizations that utilize our suite of speech and authentication solutions for their internal and external customers.
- Integrating existing IT systems – We are fully capable of integrating with your existing system and may even be a current partner of some of your system providers.
- Securing the necessary budget/funding support – Here’s one of the great things about LumenVox, you won’t need to break the bank when you are implementing our cost-effective solutions with proven ROI. For example, our Password Reset solution (highlighted during the HDI Conference and Expo) eliminates 85% or more of the password related load to the help desk. Typically, 30% of calls into helpdesks are for routine password resets, at an average cost upwards of $35 a call to resolve, making the cost savings significant! The same company that gained over 100,000 hours of productivity also reduced their helpdesk costs by 16%.
- Developing a user-friendly, and support-friendly, service catalog – While we will happily fit within your service catalog and can provide placement recommendations, developing service catalogs in not within our scope. We’ll stick with what we know best (speech + authentication) and leave service catalog development to someone else.
If any of these top 10 challenges and goals resonated with you and you’d like to learn more about the LumenVox helpdesk solution suite, contact us today!
We can’t wait until next year’s conference, re-branded as Support World Live, April 19-24, in Las Vegas!
Did you miss our recent Multifactor Password Reset Benefits and Advantages Webinar?
During the free, hour-long presentation, demo, and Q&A, two of our subject matter experts discussed the advantages of utilizing Multifactor Authentication in your Password Reset solution. Advantages that include:
- Safeguarding employee and customer information
- Reducing the time your helpdesk employees spend on password resets
- Minimizing end-user downtime by providing fast, 24/7 automated service
- Easy telephony integration
- Proven return on investment
The Password Reset webinar also provided a live demo featuring the quick and easy voice enrollment and authentication processes as well as a deeper dive into the delivery method, infrastructure components, deployment options, and hardware and software requirements.
If you’re ready to drive down helpdesk costs, reduce support calls, and minimize end-user downtime we invite you to view the complete LumenVox Multifactor Password Reset Webinar now.
***Sprichst du Deutsch? Unser Webinar zum Zurücksetzen von Passwörtern ist jetzt auf Deutsch verfügbar. Genießen! (Do you speak German? Our Password Reset Webinar is now available on demand in German. Enjoy!)***
Whether through their PC, Smartphone or Digital Assistant devices customers today have embraced the use of speech recognition when seeking simple, quick and straightforward ways to accomplish a task or access information. They expect no less when reaching out to your contact center.
Speech Recognition technologies, including speech recognition, text-to-speech, multifactor authentication (voice biometrics + questions) when used in conjunction with your Genesys Customer Experience Platform assets like Genesys Voice Platform (GVP in PureEngage) enable you to speed your customers to successfully completing their desired transaction or getting them to the right agent quickly and easily. You can save agent handling time, improve CX (customer experience) and all for lower costs when compared to purely agent handled calls.
How can I use these technologies in my contact center?
Speech recognition can greatly improve CX and your callers’ ability to self-serve in a voice channel by enabling more complex and personalized interactions. It can be used to identify or authenticate the caller using voice biometrics and multifactor authentication – saving agent handling time and frustration (what agent enjoys asking authentication questions?) by conducting the authentication in self-service before transferring the caller to an agent or to an appropriate self-service application. By combining voice biometrics with existing questions, you gain significant improvements in fraud prevention and avoid social engineering.
Speech recognition can be used to help determine the reason for a call, along with other data you have on hand about the customer so that you can quickly transfer the caller to the right agent with the right skills and availability. Faster and more accurate transfers improve customer satisfaction (think NPS scores) and increase employee satisfaction while reducing costs by reducing agent handling time. Automated interactions typically cost 25% or less when compared to agent handled interactions on a per-minute basis. If agent handled interactions cost between $1 and $3 dollars per minute a five-minute call costs between $5 and $15. Typical automated call handling costs between .25 & .50 per minute or between $1.25 and $2.15 per call. By shifting even 15-20% of your call handling time from agents to automation, you can reduce headcount requirements and costs significantly.
After business hours or during peak busy periods when agent availability is an issue, your callers call completely self-serve for many common interactions using speech recognition and text-to-speech so that they can request and receive information specific to them. Generally, any transaction in your contact that agents handle today by asking for some specific information from the call, typing that into a computer screen and then reading the answer back to the call can easily be automated with speech recognition. Things like what’s my account balance, when was my order shipped, can I get the address of the closet store can be automated. This not only keeps your customers out of the hold queue, but it can also help reduce your overall agent headcount demand and provide your customers with access to information they need even if your contact center is closed.
Our speech recognition technology can also be used in outbound calling when customers to confirm orders, provide shipping information or provide other important timely information. LumenVox Call Progress analysis can improve the message delivery success of your outbound calling applications by helping you determine whether the call has been machine answered or live answered and then delivering the correct payload successfully for machine answers or engaging with live callers using speech recognition and text-to-speech.
Many of our customers find that the same technologies can be used to reduce costs and improve CX for their employees also. Applications like Automated Password Reset can empower your customers and employees to reset their passwords without the involvement of a help desk agent. Save them from having to remember security questions or PINs that are easily lost or shared. Reliably authenticate your users anywhere and anytime with a simple spoken passphrase, a selfie or security questions.
LumenVox’ brings 17 years of experience in speech recognition automation to your contact center. We provide the core ASR, TTS and Voice Biometric technologies to speech enable your customer interactions. As an AppFoundry Partner with Genesys we provide a variety of speech recognition technologies and applications such as Password Reset, all fully tested and certified to speech enable your Genesys environment.
We have a quick “5 Simple Questions” process to help you identify specific use cases in your contact center. If you’re curious about how speech recognition can be used in your contact center reach out to LumenVox and we’ll work with your Genesys representative to ask those questions and show you how you can take advantage of speech related technologies to improve your customer experience, make your agents happier and reduce costs.