This page refers to outdated, obsolete, or deprecated products or software. This is provided for historical reference for users of older releases. Please see our Current Asterisk Documentation
Client Startup Procedure
As of version 8.6 (released in October 2008), the LumenVox Engine (both client and server) performa series of checks when initialized. If these checks fail, it can cause the application to terminate.If your application is crashing at startup, it is likely related to one of these items.
This procedure applies to any application using our LVSpeechPort C or C++ interface. The SREServer has its own startup procedure.
Note that folder and file verification checks (steps 5 through 9) are only performed for the firstOpenPort call and are skipped on any subsequent OpenPort calls.
- Verifies that there is a valid LVLANG directory. This is the path specified by the valueof LANGDIR in lumenvox_settings.conf.If any errorsare detected, a log message will be added to the API log before returning with an error tothe calling application.
- Determines the location of the ClientStartupLog.txt that will be generated by the startup check.This will be located in the folder determined by the LVLOGS value from lumenvox_settings.conf.
- Creates the ClientStartupLog.text log file, overwriting any previous contents, allowing onlythe last startup to be recorded, so that this file does not grow to an unmanageable size.
- On Windows only, if the LumenVox_Product.dub file is located in the $LVBIN folder, then a warningis added to the log to indicate that any system variables are being overridden by this.
- The application checks to ensure that a directory called BuiltinGrammars exists inside of thedirectory specified bythe LANGDIR setting. Any errors arelogged and an error code is returned to the calling application.
- This folder is checked to ensure it contains the following items:
- The application checks to ensure there is an LVLANG/Dict folder, and that this directory containsat least one .model data file.
- It checks to ensure there is an LVLANG/Grammars folder, and that the folder contains the grammar.dtdand SRGS_to_ABNF.xsl files.
- The application checks to ensure there is a valid LVLANG/VadModels folder and that it containsthe following files: