This page refers to outdated, obsolete, or deprecated products or software. This is provided for historical reference for users of older releases. Please see our Current Asterisk Documentation
Server Startup Procedure
As of version 8.6 (released in October 2008), the LumenVox Engine (both client and server) performa series of checks when initialized. If these checks fail, it can cause the application to terminate.If your application is crashing at startup, it is likely related to one of these items.
This procedure applies to the LumenVox Speech Engine Server, the process that actually performsthe decodes (lv_sre_server). Thespeech client (the SpeechPort interface library) has its own startup procedure.
- Determines the location of the ServerStartupLog.txt that will be generated by the startupcheck. This will be located in the folder determined by the LVLOGS value from lumenvox_settings.conf.
- Creates the ClientStartupLog.text log file, overwriting any previous contents, allowing onlythe last startup to be recorded, so that this file does not grow to an unmanageable size.
- Verifies that there is a valid LVLANG directory. This is the path specified by the value ofLANGDIR in lumenvox_settings.conf. If any errors are detected, a log message will be addedto the API log before returning with an error to the calling application.
- The application checks to ensure that a directory called BuiltinGrammars exists inside of thedirectory specified by the LANGDIR setting. Any errors arelogged and an error code is returned to the calling application.
- This folder is checked to ensure it contains the following items:
- The application checks to ensure there is an LVLANG/Dict folder, and that this directory containsat least one .model data file.
- It checks to ensure there is an LVLANG/Grammars folder, and that the folder contains the grammar.dtdand SRGS_to_ABNF.xsl files.
- The application checks to ensure there is a valid LVLANG/VadModels folder and that it containsthe following files:
The application checks that a server configuration file exists. This is specified by the valueof SRE_SERVER_CONFIG in the lumenvox_settings.conf file.It checks to confirm that the /etc/lumenvox/lumenvox_settings.conf file exists,and that the CACHEDIR parameter has a value.