This page refers to outdated, obsolete, or deprecated products or software. This is provided for historical reference for users of older releases. If you are a new user, please refer to elsewhere in the LumenVox knowledge base for up-to-date product information.
Anyone wishing to connect to LumenVox services using either MRCPv1 or MRCPv2 in recent versions of LumenVox over the past few years should use our Media Server service, which replaced this older MRCPv1 Server.
The MRCPv1 Server is by default configured to run as a service/daemon on the installation machine.
To run the MRCPv1 Server as a standalone console application.
- From the Windows Control Panel, choose Administrative Tools and then Services.
- Look for "LumenVox MRCPv1 Service."
- Right click the service and select "Properties."
- Stop the service and set startup type to "Manual."
- Open command prompt.
- Go to the installation folder (by default C:\Program Files\LumenVox\MRCPv1\)
- Type mrcp_server.exe /console
- In a console window, step into the "bin" directory inside the installation directory of the MRCP Server
- Type mrcp_server /t